The ROS-Industrial Consortium members' meeting will precede RoboBusiness. The Consortium is a membership organization providing cost-shared applied R&D for advanced factory automation. Consortium members drive new capabilities in ROS-I by championing Focused Technical Projects (FTPs) based on their near-term automation requirements. The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas invites you to become a member and participate from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, October 23, 2013, at RoboBusiness in Santa Clara, CA. Attendees will get the inside scoop on:
- The progress of ROS-Industrial: MTConnect Bridge, support for new robots, and integration with MoveIt!
- Consortium activities, financials, membership, and the progress of RIC Europe
- Consortium roadmap presentation and voting
- Available FTPs
Additional ROS/ROS-I Related Sessions:
- ROS-I Consortium Panel Discussion: ROS-Industrial will be the topic of a panel discussion during the Agile Manufacturing Workshop. The panel will consist of automation experts from Boeing, Yaskawa, and Southwest Research Institute who will discuss current industry trends and opportunities and how ROS-I can accelerate implementation of next generation industrial solutions -- 2 p.m. on October 23.
- ROS Matures and Looks Ahead: A presentation by Ryan Gariepy, CTO and Co-Founder of Clearpath Robotics -- 2:45 p.m. on October 24
- Building Industrial Robots for Dynamic Response: A presentation by Clay Flannigan, Manager of Robotics and Automation Engineering, Southwest Research Institute -- 1:30 p.m. on October 25
- Marrying ROS to External Software: A presentation by Tully Foote, ROS Platform Manager, Open Source Robotics Foundation -- 2:15 p.m. on October 25
- SwRI/ROS-Industrial Exhibitor Booth #328: meet in person with SwRI ROS-I experts
Registration is required. Please contact Paul Hvass (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a registration promotional code for early bird pricing of $895 (regardless of registration date) that will alert the event organizers that you plan to attend the Consortium meeting. If you are not currently a Consortium member but are considering membership, please contact us.