Thanks to everyone who participated in the ROS-Industrial Community meeting that was held in conjunction with ROSCon on Saturday, September 13! A special thanks to our presenters:
- Paul Hvass (SwRI): Welcome and Update on RIC-Americas
- Alexander Bubeck (Fraunhofer IPA): Update from RIC-EU
- Clay Flannigan (SwRI): ROS-I Roadmapping update
- Preben Hjornet (Blue Workforce): Why ROS-I Community needs to adopt the Kinect 2
- Risto Kojcev (Italian Institute of Technology): Introducing the Cartesian path planner plug-in for MoveIt!
- Ryan Gneiting (Deere and Co.): John Deere ROS-I demo cell
Participants included: ABB USA, Blue Workforce, CAT, Clearpath, Fraunhofer IPA, HDT Robotics, Innervycs, Intelligrated, Italian Institute of Technology, John Deere, Leica Biosystems, Max Planch Institute, MTC, Northwestern U., NRL, Omnico AGV, Open Source Robotics Kyokai, OSRF, Reiter Affiliated Companies, Rethink Robotics, Shadow Robot, SICK, Siemens, Spirit AeroSystems, SwRI, TU Delft, UIC, UT Austin, and Wiki Technium! Your insight and energy is key to our growing community.
ROS-I Community meetings occur 3 times per year and are open to the public.