The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas will be providing a three-day ROS-Industrial Developers Training Class June 12-14, 2018, with both a Basic and Advanced Track offerings.
Please bring a laptop to the class with the ROS-I training Virtual Machine pre-installed. This class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background who seek to learn to compose their own ROS nodes.
- Day 1
- Basic - Will focus on introductory ROS skills
- Advanced - Additional Capabilities/Functions within ROS
- Day 2 will examine motion planning using MoveIt!, as well as the Descartes planner and perception concepts.
- Day 3 offers a lab programming exercise with a choice of Pick-and-Place Application or Descartes Application.
Dates: June 12-14, 2018
Registration: Register HERE!
Cost: The training is FREE for up to:
- Three attendees for Full Consortium member organizations
- Two attendees for Associate Consortium member organizations
- One attendee for Research Consortium member organizations
For non-members, government members, or for seats in excess of your limit, the training is $2,199 per attendee. Space for the training is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accommodations: A block of rooms are available for the training event, and the details will be updated HERE shortly!
Curriculum: Link to the Wiki
Prerequisites: Linux/Ubuntu familiarity, C++ experience and a desire to program robots!
Printable Agenda: Coming Soon!
Venue: Washington University Husky Union Building Room 340, 4001 E. Stevens Way, Seattle, WA 98195
VM Check Monday, June 11 at the hotel, with details coming soon: Please test the VM install prior to arrival. Poor/slow VM performance can negatively affect your learning experience. Trainers will be available Monday evening at the hotel from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM to verify correct VM installation and to update the VM with any last-minute curriculum changes. A limited number of pre-configured “loaner” laptops will be prepared as a contingency.