The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas will host its annual meeting in conjunction with the Automate 2017 show in Chicago.
When: April 7, 2017 (Immediately following Automate 2017)
Location: Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Pre-meeting Dinner: A dinner will precede the event at 7 PM on April 6. The location will be announced soon.
Host: Paul Hvass, RIC-Americas Program Manager
Registration: Click this link to register.
Thursday Evening April 6, 2017, 7:30 PM:
- Dinner (Provided): A hosted dinner will be held near the McCormick Center the evening before the RIC meeting.
Friday April 7, 2017, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (Members Only): Some highlights of the annual members meeting include:
- Consortium Updates: Learn about the latest ROS-I community developments from the three leaders of our international Consortia, and planned Consortium activities for 2017.
- Lunch Keynote:
- Title: Flexible Automation for Manufacturing in Heavy Industries
- Presenter: Matthew Robinson, Automation Team Leader, Manufacturing Technology, Caterpillar Inc.
- Abstract: Traditional automation solutions serving high volume uniform product applications haven’t translated well to high-mix low-lot applications in heavy industries. A new flexible approach is needed to enable new capabilities for traditional robotic equipment by leveraging modular, advanced perception-driven functionality. To realize this vision, the whole robotics community – including university partners, applied researchers, industry, regulation, and integrators – needs to embrace open solutions. The Scan-N-Plan Robotic Blending Consortium project is an important first step on our advanced robotics journey to the benefit of shareholders, customers, and partners in the factory.
- Technical Presentations: Invited talks by ROS-I innovators.
- Focused Technical Projects: We will provide an update on current Consortium projects and upcoming 2017 projects.
- Roadmapping: The meeting will conclude with a general discussion on the technical roadmap which will set the agenda for the 2017 activities.