The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas will host its annual meeting in conjunction with the Automate 2017 show in Chicago.
When: April 7, 2017 (Immediately following Automate 2017)
Location: Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Alder BC Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
2233 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Pre-meeting Dinner: A dinner will precede the April 7 meeting at 7:30 PM on April 6 (see below for details).
Host:Paul Hvass, RIC-Americas Program Manager
Registration:Click this link to register.
Thursday Evening April 6, 2017, 7:30 PM:
- Dinner (Provided): A hosted dinner will be held at the Chicago Oyster House near the McCormick Center the evening before the RIC meeting.
Friday April 7, 2017, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Members Only): Some highlights of the annual members meeting include:
- Consortium Updates: Learn about the latest ROS-I community developments from the three leaders of our international Consortia, and planned Consortium activities for 2017.
- Lunch Keynote:
- Title: Flexible Automation for Manufacturing in Heavy Industries
- Presenter: Matthew Robinson, Automation Team Leader, Manufacturing Technology, Caterpillar Inc.
- Abstract: Traditional automation solutions serving high volume uniform product applications haven’t translated well to high-mix low-lot applications in heavy industries. A new flexible approach is needed to enable new capabilities for traditional robotic equipment by leveraging modular, advanced perception-driven functionality. To realize this vision, the whole robotics community – including university partners, applied researchers, industry, regulation, and integrators – needs to embrace open solutions. The Scan-N-Plan Robotic Blending Consortium project is an important first step on our advanced robotics journey to the benefit of shareholders, customers, and partners in the factory.
- Technical Presentations: Invited talks by ROS-I innovators.
- Focused Technical Projects: We will provide an update on current Consortium projects and upcoming 2017 projects.
- Roadmapping: The meeting will include a round table discussion about the ROS-I technical roadmap which will set the agenda for the 2017 activities.
Detailed Agenda for April 7
|0800||Registration, Light Breakfast|
|0830-0845||Welcome and Introductions||Host|
|0845-0915||ROS-I Consortium is Global and Growing||SwRI|
|0915-0945||ROSIN: ROS-I as an EU Digital Industrial Platform for Robotics||Fraunhofer IPA|
|1000-1030||ROS-I Consortium Asia Pacific Launch||ARTC|
|1030-1100||Open Mic Q/A with Tully Foote||OSRF|
|1100-1130||Automated Path Planning to Constraint Manifolds in Confined Space...||Boeing|
|1130-1200||Paths to Trajectories: Time Parameterization in the Context of ROS-I||3M|
|1230-1300||Keynote: Flexible Automation for Manufacturing in Heavy Industries||Caterpillar|
|1300-1400||ROS-I Technical Roadmapping Round Tables||Moderators|
|1400-1445||Upcoming Focused Technical Projects (FTPs)||SwRI|
|1500-1530||FTP Round Tables||Moderators|
|1530-1600||ARM Institute||Manufacturing USA|
|1600-1645||Short Topics: NIST, Traclabs, UT Austin NRG||Multi|
|1645-1700||Wrap up and Action Items||Host|