The 2016 ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas Annual Members' meeting will take place March 3-4 at SwRI's headquarters in San Antonio, Texas.
Thursday Afternoon/Evening, March 3 (Public):
- ROS-I technology demonstrations: Scan-n-Plan for robotic blending and painting, Euler mobile manipulator, Blue WorkForce Ragnar robot, Industrial Calibration Library, mixed parcel handling, 15kW CO2 laser, Descartes and STOMP Path Planners
- Keynote: Jeremy Zoss, SwRI's lead engineer for the five-story tall Laser Coating Removal mobile robot, will present an overview of the project along with insights about how ROS is being integrated.
- Dinner ($75 for non-members): Dine with us at Boiler House on the northern reach of San Antonio's historic River Walk.
|1220||Shuttle Pickup at Hyatt Regency Hill Country|
|1230-1300||Registration, SwRI Building 189 (refer to map link above)|
|1300-1315||Welcome – Intro to SwRI|
|1315-1345||Presentation: Space Science|
|1345-1415||Lab Tour: Unmanned Systems|
|1415-1445||Lab Tour: HAT and Coating Removal Laser Lab|
|1445-1615||Lab Tour: Robotics and Automation, Simulation...|
|1615-1645||Keynote: Design of Five Story Laser Depainting...|
|1645-1715||Consortium Overview and Wrap up|
|1715||Shuttles Depart for Dinner: Boiler House|
Friday, March 4 (Members Only):
- Consortium Updates:
- RIC-Americas: Learn about the latest ROS-I Consortium Americas developments, Focused Technical Projects, and planned Consortium activities for 2016 (Paul Hvass and Shaun Edwards, SwRI)
- RIC-Europe: Hear about the rapid growth and ROS-I interest in Europe (Mirko Bordignon, Fraunhofer IPA)
- RIC-Asia: Hear about the recent interest in forming RIC-Asia
- Lunch Keynote: Erik Nieves, CEO of the stealth startup PlusOne Robotics, will present his vision for the future of robotics.
- Focused Technical Projects: Get the latest on upcoming 2016 projects.
- Roadmapping: The meeting will end with a general discussion on the technical roadmap which will set the agenda for the 2016 activities. The meeting will end at 15:30 to allow for travel.
|0800||Shuttle Pickup at Hyatt Regency Hill Country|
|0800-0830||Registration, Light Breakfast|
|0830-0845||Welcome and Introductions|
|0845-0920||RIC-Americas Highlights and Upcoming Events|
|0920-0940||RIC-Europe: Rapid Growth|
|0940-1000||Is it Time for RIC-Asia?|
|1030-1130||ROS-I Technical Roadmapping Round Tables|
|1130-1200||ROS 2.0 Real Time Capabilities, Q+A|
|1230-1300||Lunch Keynote: PlusOne Robotics|
|1300-1400||Focused Technical Projects|
|1415-1515||RIC Strategy Round Tables – NNMI, App Store...|
|1530||Shuttles Direct to Airport and Hotel|
Paul Hvass, ROS-Industrial Consortium Program Manager (SwRI)
Southwest Research Institute
Building 189 Conference Room 6220 Culebra Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78238
Hyatt Regency Hill Country
$120/night for attendees (no resort fee)
9800 Hyatt Resort Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78251
Reserve a room online at the special rate
Telephone: 1-888-421-1442 (toll free)
or 1-210-647-1234 (local)
Group name: ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas
Meeting name: Annual members meeting
Dinner March 3
Boiler House Texas Grill & Wine Garden
312 Pearl Pkwy., Bldg. 3
San Antonio, Texas 78215