The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas, hosted by Caterpillar, will be providing a three-day ROS-Industrial Developers Training Class October 10-12, 2017, with both a Basic and Advanced Track offerings.
Please bring a laptop to the class with the ROS-I training Virtual Machine pre-installed. This class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background who seek to learn to compose their own ROS nodes.
- Day 1
- Basic - Will focus on introductory ROS skills
- Advanced - Additional Capabilities/Functions within ROS
- Day 2 will examine motion planning using MoveIt!, as well as the Descartes planner and perception concepts.
- Day 3 offers a lab programming exercise with a choice of Pick-and-Place Application or Descartes Application.
Dates: October 10-12, 2017
Registration: Registration Full as of October 4th!
Cost: The training is FREE for up to:
- Three attendees for Full Consortium member organizations
- Two attendees for Associate Consortium member organizations
- One attendee for Research Consortium member organizations
For non-members, government members, or for seats in excess of your limit, the training is $2,199 per attendee. Space for the training is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Mark Twain Hotel - Peoria. Contact information for the hotel is on the registration page.
Curriculum: Link to the Wiki
Prerequisites: Linux/Ubuntu familiarity, C++ experience and a desire to program robots!
Printable Agenda: Download PDF!
Venue: Caterpillar Visitor Center, 110 SW Washington St, Peoria, IL 61602
VM Check, and welcome dinner, Monday, October 9 at the Mark Twain Hotel: Please test the VM install prior to arrival. Poor/slow VM performance can negatively affect your learning experience. Trainers will be available Monday evening at the Mark Twain from 4:30 to 6:00 PM, ahead of the welcome dinner, to verify correct VM installation and to update the VM with any last-minute curriculum changes. A limited number of pre-configured “loaner” laptops will be prepared as a contingency.