The ROS-Industrial Consortium Asia Pacific will be looking at hosting another ROS-Industrial training event in December.
It is a three-day ROS-Industrial Developers Training Class comprising of:
- 3pm - 5pm 5 December (VM and Laptop configuration check)
- 9am - 8pm 6 December - Day 1 Basic Training + Networking Dinner - ROS Users
- 9am - 5pm 7 December - Day 2 Basic Training
- 9am - 5pm 8 December - Day 3 Lab work with UR10 robot
OPEN: Register here
Please bring a laptop to the class with the ROS-I training Virtual Machine pre-installed or a Native Ubuntu with Kinetic installed.
This class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background who seek to learn to compose their own ROS nodes.
1. ROS-Industrial Developers Training (3 Days) - 6 - 8 December
The three-day developers class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background:
Day 1 focuses on introductory ROS skills:
- ROS Setup, Catkin, Installing Packages
- Creating Packages/Nodes, Topics, Messages
- Services, Actions
- Launch Files, Parameter
- URDF, Workcell XACRO
- TF, Build a MoveIt! Package
- Motion Planning Using Rviz, C++
- Introduction to Descartes Path Planning
- Introduction to Perception
- Day 1 & 2 Recap
- Lab Introduction, Labs (1) Pick and Place Application – Simulation Only, (2) Descartes
- Application using UR10
- Work on Lab Applications
ROS-Industrial AP Consortium Members:
The training is FREE for up to:
- Three attendees for Full Consortium ROS-I AP Members
- Two attendees for Associate Consortium ROS-I AP Members
- One attendee for Research Consortium ROS-I AP Members
- Non-Member (Singapore Registered Participan) SGD 700
- Non-Member (Overseas) SGD 800
- Non-Member (Student/Staff registered Singapore Institute of Higher Learning) SGD 600
For non-members, government members, or for seats in excess of your limit. Space for the training is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Curriculum: Link to the Wiki
Prerequisites: Linux/Ubuntu familiarity, C++ experience and a desire to program robots!
Venue: ARTC, Level 4 3 CleanTech Loop, #04 CleanTech Two, Singapore 637143
VM Check TBC: Please test the VM install prior to arrival. Trainers will be available to verify correct VM installation and to update the VM with any last-minute curriculum changes. A limited number of pre-configured “loaner” laptops will be prepared as a contingency.
**IT IS extremely important that you have either:
- Native Ubuntu 16.04 and ROS Kinetic installed on your laptop OR
- Virtual Machine (note potential slow performance) Download instructions here