From time to time the ROS-Industrial Consortia hold focused meetings based on member interests and requests. We recently held such a meeting on 1/31/17 to discuss testing, continuous integration, and deployment. The meeting brought experts from the ROS community to present on tools and best practices for developing and deploying production systems that are built on ROS. Specific presentations included:
- Tully Foote (OSRF) - Continuous integration and Test on the ROS Build Farm
- Isaac Saito (TORK) - ROS-Industrial CI
- Phillip Reed (SwRI) - Autonomous Vehicle Testing and Deployment
- Jeremy Adams (Intelligrated) - Lightning Talk - Using Mocks and Fakes in ROS
- Florian Weißhardt (Fraunhofer IPA) - Lightning Talk - Automated Test Framework – Testing Applications in ROS
The purpose of the meeting was to inform ROS users about existing options and encourage further discussions within the ROS community on topics related to testing, CI, and deployment. These discussions will continue on ROS Discourse.