The ROS-Industrial Consortium Asia Pacific is hosting our first ROS-Industrial Developer Training Class with a ROS-Industrial trainer, Levi Armstrong (SwRI, ROS-Industrial Americas). There are two training classes available these are:
- A three-day ROS-Industrial Developers Training Class on August 21-23, 2017
- A one-day ROS-Industrial Advanced Training Class on August 24, 2017.
Please bring a laptop to the class with the ROS-I training Virtual Machine pre-installed. This class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background who seek to learn to compose their own ROS nodes.
1. ROS-Industrial Developers Training (3 Days) - Mon 21 Aug - Wed 23 Aug.
The three-day developers class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background:
Day 1 focuses on introductory ROS skills:
- ROS Setup, Catkin, Installing Packages
- Creating Packages/Nodes, Topics, Messages
- Services, Actions
- Launch Files, Parameter
- URDF, Workcell XACRO
- TF, Build a MoveIt! Package
- Motion Planning Using Rviz, C++
- Introduction to Descartes Path Planning
- Introduction to Perception
- Day 1 & 2 Recap
- Lab Introduction, Labs (1) Pick and Place Application – Simulation Only, (2) Descartes
- Application using UR10
- Work on Lab Applications
2. ROS-Industrial Advanced Training (1 Day)
- Advanced Topic Introduction (1) Path Planning, (2) Perception
- Advanced Topics in Descartes Path Planning
- Advanced Topics in Perception
Dates: August 21-23, 2017
Cost: The training is FREE for up to:
- Three attendees for Full Consortium member organizations
- Two attendees for Associate Consortium member organizations
- One attendee for Research Consortium member organizations
For non-members, government members, or for seats in excess of your limit. Space for the training is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Curriculum: Link to the Wiki
Prerequisites: Linux/Ubuntu familiarity, C++ experience and a desire to program robots!
Venue: ARTC, Level 4 3 CleanTech Loop, #04 CleanTech Two, Singapore 637143
VM Check Sunday, August 20th: Please test the VM install prior to arrival. Poor/slow VM performance can negatively affect your learning experience. Trainers will be available at TBD on Sunday night from 7:00 to 8:30 PM to verify correct VM installation and to update the VM with any last-minute curriculum changes. A limited number of pre-configured “loaner” laptops will be prepared as a contingency.