The ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas is hosting a ROS-Industrial Developers Training Class June 6-8, 2017, in San Antonio, Texas. The class will run three full days.
Please bring a laptop to the class with the ROS-I training Virtual Machine pre-installed. This class is geared toward individuals with a C++ programming background who seek to learn to compose their own ROS nodes.
- Day 1 will focus on introductory ROS skills.
- Day 2 will examine motion planning using MoveIt! as well as the Descartes planner and perception concepts.
- Day 3 offers a lab programming exercise (with a choice of): Pick-and-Place Application, Descartes Application.
Dates: June 6 - 8, 2017
Registration: Use this link to register.
Cost: The training is FREE for up to:
- Three attendees for Full Consortium member organizations
- Two attendees for Associate Consortium member organizations
- One attendee for Research Consortium member organizations
For non-members, government members, or for seats in excess of your limit, the training is $2,199 per attendee. Space for the training is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accommodations: Courtyard by Marriott Westover Hills. To enjoy the group rate ($99), please use the link provided when you reserve your room. Transportation will be provided between the hotel and SwRI training site, departing at 8:15 AM each morning.
Curriculum: Link to the Wiki
Prerequisites: Linux/Ubuntu familiarity, C++ experience and a desire to program robots!
Printable Agenda: Download PDF
Venue: Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, TX, USA
VM Check Monday, June. 5: Please test the VM install prior to arrival. Poor/slow VM performance can negatively affect your learning experience. Trainers will be available at Waves Lounge at the Courtyard by Marriott Westover Hills on Monday night from 8:00 to 9:30 PM to verify correct VM installation and to update the VM with any last-minute curriculum changes. A limited number of pre-configured “loaner” laptops will be prepared as a contingency.