The ROS-Industrial Consortia invite you to attend one of the upcoming annual meetings. Not yet a member? You can always join!
The 2016 ROS-Industrial Consortium Europe Annual Members meeting will take place on January 28-29 on the premises of Fraunhofer IPA's main campus in Stuttgart, Germany. The two day schedule is designed to best fit our international attendees, allowing for the inbound travel to Stuttgart to take place on the morning of Thursday January 28, and for the return travel on the afternoon of the following day.
Thursday Afternoon/Evening January 28 (Public): Technology demonstrations session will be held, showcasing the latest commercial developments from ROS-Industrial Consortium members. Participation to this session is open to external entities not affiliated with the consortium and will start with a keynote address on the commercial impact of ROS and continue with short presentation of each technical highlight. The floor will then be open for discussion on an exhibition-like environment, with physical hardware and live demos on display, in order to facilitate the exchange between the presenters and the audience.
Friday January 29 (Members Only): The ROS-Industrial Consortium Europe will gather for its 2016 Annual Members meeting, during which an overview of 2015 activities will be given, followed by invited talks regarding initiatives relevant to the ROS-I community, current and future projects. The meeting will end with a general discussion on the technical roadmap which will set the agenda for the 2016 activities. The meeting will dismiss at 15:30 to allow for travel.
For more details, please refer to the event page.
The 2016 ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas Annual Members' meeting will take place on March 3-4 on the premises of SwRI's main campus in San Antonio, Texas. While the detailed agenda is still falling into place, at a high level there are many similarities to the RIC-EU format:
Thursday Afternoon/Evening March 3 (Public):
- ROS-I Technology Demonstrations: Scan-n-Plan for robotic blending and painting, Euler mobile manipulator, Blue WorkForce Ragnar robot, Industrial Calibration Library, mixed parcel handeling, 15kW CO2 laser
- Keynote: Jeremy Zoss, SwRI's chief engineer for the four-story tall Laser Coating Removal mobile robot, will present an overview of the project along with insights about how ROS is being integrated.
- Dinner (Provided): Dine on San Antonio's historic River Walk.
Friday March 4 (Members Only): Some highlights of the annual members meeting include:
- Consortium Updates: learn about the latest ROS-I community developments, and planned Consortium activities for 2016.
- Lunch Keynote: Erik Nieves, CEO of the stealth startup PlusOne Robotics, will present his vision for the future of robotics.
- Focused Technical Projects: We will provide an update on current Consortium projects, and upcoming 2016 projects.
- Roadmapping: The meeting will end with a general discussion on the technical roadmap which will set the agenda for the 2016 activities. The meeting will dismiss at 15:30 to allow for travel.
Additional details including a complete agenda will be added on the event page.